How do I keep the peace?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anne 5 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello, My name is Anne
    My father passed away over 2 years ago, and we decided that my mother should move in with us (my husband and me).
    Everything started out ok, but as time has passed it’s becoming more and more of a challenge for me.
    The problem is that my husband is here at home with my mother more than I am because I work full time. When I get home he’ll often start with ‘she’s driving me crazy’ or she says something about him.
    She is 88 years old and I am just trying to enjoy whatever time I have left in this life with my mother. Does she drive me crazy? – sometimes, yes!
    I do have older siblings and they just aren’t dependable for anything. I plan all of her appointments around my work and when I can’t my husband takes her. My husband is retired.
    My mum is still very active and I try to let her do some chores around the house to make her feel like she is contributing. And I feel that she enjoys that.
    But at times she treats us like we are children and don’t know what we are doing.
    It has now reached the point that when I come home my husband explodes that he can’t deal with her anymore. I made a promise to my dad that I would take care of her. I don’t know what I can do.
    We do try to plan weekends away just to get a break, when possible.
    Is there anyone else feeling like this, and any suggestions?
    I love my mum and I love my husband, but at times there is no pleasing anyone no matter how hard I try.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.